FB3X Drabble Cascade #53 - Nightmare
Title: Every Child a Cookie (G)
Author: charisstoma
Word count: 100
To yell at your kids or not. I think it’s what words are yelled that counts.
Study says yelling as harmful as spanking in disciplining kids. So what should parents do?
When she was young, she’d hated it when her father’s voice informed the neighborhood that she’d done something wrong. The doorbell chime would resonate for a short while afterwards from the noise level and the words, “Think before you do things” solidified in her psyche to guide her through her life.
It was better than if he’d spanked her which had a whole different aspect of embarrassment ‘cause she was older, a tweenager, too old for spanking’. She survived and was a good person.
Now she wondered, did those words scar or was it the loud words had been guide.
Title: Every Child a Cookie (G)
Author: charisstoma
Word count: 100
To yell at your kids or not. I think it’s what words are yelled that counts.
Study says yelling as harmful as spanking in disciplining kids. So what should parents do?
When she was young, she’d hated it when her father’s voice informed the neighborhood that she’d done something wrong. The doorbell chime would resonate for a short while afterwards from the noise level and the words, “Think before you do things” solidified in her psyche to guide her through her life.
It was better than if he’d spanked her which had a whole different aspect of embarrassment ‘cause she was older, a tweenager, too old for spanking’. She survived and was a good person.
Now she wondered, did those words scar or was it the loud words had been guide.

no subject
Date: 2014-03-24 03:43 am (UTC)Sadly I'm not as good at this as my mother was. But as I've yelled at my kids less than a dozen times in the twenty-two years I've been a parent, that's probably not too bad. Not great, but not horrible.
Plus, when I got angry or upset, my middle child would cry in sympathy. I learned to stop wearing my emotions on my sleeve.
I will learn to log in first. I will.
Date: 2014-03-24 11:33 am (UTC)